a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

It is the start of Holy Week and this is my new blog.

I quit Livejournal and the Internettwo months ago in frustration with the kinds of vocal abuse and futillity of internet communities and the text based paradigm we are presently living in. I felt, and still do, that life is better lived that spent entirely in front of a screen, wether that screen is a computer or a TV itstill adds up to the same thing in the end, a serious and surreal type of addiction.

I spent all of lent trying to define my relationship to the web, and to figure out how much time I would spend on this computer. My conclusion, as near as I've come to one any way, is that I like blogging and that I would like to continue doing so, hence this journal. Also I need to use the internet for the work that I do editing a monthly Catholic Worker zine. But the things I need to watch are my news intake, my participation in online forums, and how much time I spend on MSN messenger. I have not set any new or hard, fast rules about this but I believe that in time that will get sorted out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home