a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Christ is Risen!

It's Easter Sunday! My lent is over and so I went out and got pancakes and loafed about on the internet, I feel full and satisfied.

Last week my friend Barrett gave me a small book he'd bought at a library sale on the UBC campus, the book is called "The Radical Bible" and it's an anthology of quotes from the Old and New Testaments as well as related quotes from people, groups, and organizations who have concerned themselves with the religious aspects of peoples struggle and liberation theology. I'm really enjoying it and I find it to be a good introduction to Liberation Theology.

Yesterday I went to Easter Vigil with my friends from the Catholic Worker house, their parish is really nice, much friendlier and more inviting than mine. When the part when everyone greets everyone else with the sign of God's peace all of us actually got out of our pews and met in the isles and reached over pews to greet everyone else, it helps that the congregation was very small but it felt like there was something else going on than just that, people were friendly and at the end of mass I talked with one of the priests who officiated the mass and he was cracking jokes and smiling.

This is all so very different from my experience of going to the church in my own parish.

At my parish no one goes out of their way to greet oneanother and the priests, though dedicated and good people are also aloof towards me and hard to talk with. I find it difficult to engage with my parish comunity and though I've been attending weekly for over a year I still find that I don't know anyone there well enough to socialize with.

I'm really happy that I'll be going to LA in a month because it will give me some time out of this city to grow in a new environment and giving up my current apartement will help also because it will mean finding not only a new home but also a new home for my faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home