a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

an Apocalyptic Prayer

this is exerpted from my friend Rob's blog you can read the whole post by going to www.symaoye.blogspot.com

God, in Jesus name, bring your judgment swiftly.

Let this world end, and the peoples of this world, for we are sinful, and unworthy to steward your creation. We have erred in the most grievous way, and have gone over to the side of Satan, and have chosen violence over love, and have abandoned your commandments, and are none of us without sin. May you, the only true and righteous judge, bring the justice we have forgotten. May you bring the peace we have forsaken. My prayers go out to all the people who suffer the result of arrogance and pride in government. To the poor, to the sick, the oppressed, the broken and the blind, with whom I number my self.

And for the oppressors, for those who have forgotten the call to mercy, to those who have forgotten the power of the individual to act for justice and mercy, to the ones who have become cynical and bitter, the jaded ones, to those who have abused power and those who have abused wealth, those who by perpetual inaction perpetrate the climate of misery on planet earth, amongst whom I number myself.

May the mercy and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with us. May we recognize the evil we have accepted into our hearts, and may we turn from our ways, may we seek justice and remember the poor and widows. May we remember the love of Him who died that we might live, the one who, when faced with persecution, prayed for his oppressors and sought to redeem them.

May we, in the love of Christ, refuse to take up the blasphemous banner of the state, and instead take up the role of servant and intercessor.

God help us all.

amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home