a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The last e-mail I recieved about any of this

July 15th 2006

Ten days since David's eaten. Some interesting articles of note from David's Journal of the Occupation of St. Ann's Academy, located on the web at www.anglefire.com/apes/hatrackman.

I don't know what kind of review I'd give it; David's egoism is often apparent, but he is only a human being and we all make mistakes. I think the question is whether David deserves to go to jail for not being perfect and believing that the criminalization of the poor is such an important
social issue that he will fight it to the death.

The interesting documents are:
1. a letter to the Lieutenant Governor of BC
2. A letter witnessing to the arrest and demonstration at St. Ann's on the
afternoon of January 26th, 2004.
3. a letter David wrote to the Judge.
4. a letter presented to the court as evidence against David, submitted by
the Provincial Capital Commission.

These are all very worth reading. Jason's account is fabulous (#2). The letters of David's set up his arguments fairly clearly. There is also a detailed list of arrests from Jan. 2004-May 2005. I think, as I've said before, that this is a movement that dates back to 2001 when David and I were arrested for protesting on the Legislature Lawn. It even dates back further than that. The best of these bits of David's journal, however, has to be the letter from the PCC to the court. It's on page 52 of the 2004/5 journal.

TAVIS


I will try and keep updating about all of this as I recieve more information thanks for reading,
Chris

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was just reading an article about Scorpio and thought of one of my favourite persons born under that Sun sign that I've met and befriended to date.... Tavis Dodds.

Was elated moments ago when I googled his hame and found more references to him which I hadn't already published myself resulting in discovering your site. At first glance at the header and title, I thought for a moment that this was Tav's site, not only one in which he was mentioned. After reading several of your posts, Chris (n'est pas), I of course realized that you're simply a fan of Tavis who cared enough to reprint his words, too.

I've posted several articles on him along with his latest essays dealing with his observations at a homeless shelter and the destruction of property in BC.

Just wanted to alett you and your friends and visitors dropping by here that more can be seen and heard from "T@v" at:
Although he's 'the Dickens' and 'novel'.......Tavis Dodd's For Real!
Tavis Dodds on Vancouver's Warzone!

Tavis is once again 'on the road' traversing Canada documenting his experiences with injustice and poverty and hopefully I'll soon hear pebbles from his hand gently tapping on my bay window signaling his arrival here in Halifax. He's done so several times but not nearly enough. Am trying anxiously not to be too excited (oximoron) about his impending visit; hope we get to read another text together. The last one was Power Politics by Arundhati Roy

If you haven't taken the pleasure to do so with a friend, please do so. There becomes a bond so special that you'll be compelled to tell its secret to the whole wide web.; which I've just done, again.

Thanks for your insightful and compassionate site. Write on Chris! Peace!

neilemac
hfx,ns

11:00 AM  
Blogger Chris Rooney said...

Hey!

Yah Tavis sort of waltzed into my life briefly a year ago and we've been in contact ever since. I've re-published some of his writings on my other blog thechristianradical.blogspot.com and will be printing an article by him in the coming issue of my zine. Thanks for the links to more of his writing. I want to print as much of his stuff as I am able, he's a very good writer. Of all the people who've submitted work for the Christian Radical he's definetly one of my favourites.

good to hear from you.

peace
Chris

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home