a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Cross Bones Style

the count down is on. I leave LA on the 23rd of this month and take the train back to Vancouver. My experience here has been overwhelmingly positive, challenging, and affirming. I will be taking with me a good deal of new thought and fresh ideas about community and about pretty much everything.

My mom is in town visiting my cousin and I and today I will be going to what's left of the South Central Farm to take pictures and maybe learn a bit more about what happened when the cops evicted the farmers. I met a kid here last week who had been an urban farmer at the site, I gave him my e-mail and told him that if he wrote something for the July issue of The Radical that I would publish it, I should have goten his e-mail adress as well because it can be awkward to write to random strangers, I know. I'll see if I can get it from someone here at the house and remind him of my desire to publish something about it.

Tomorrow begins my last few days here, I am going to be sorry to go but I know that as soon as I can afford to I will be coming back to visit and help out.

I finished my ppreliminary draft of a book I've been trying to write for a number of years, this draft is very short, only about 55 pages long but I am going over it and writing more here and there and changing the way some things are phrased. I doubt it will get to be more than maybe 100 typed pages but that's fine, I don't think it needs to be too long though I hope it becomes as long as it should be.

My teeth feel pretty gross because I havn't brushed in a couple of days... yech.

When I get home to Vancouver I'll still be travelling a bit. I promised a very dear friend that I would come out to Vancouver Island for a weekend to visit her and I have been invited to a peace event in the Kootenays in honour of the Vietnam War resisters who deserted the army or fled the draft back in the 60's, it should be good and I'll try and write about it here, though if I don't I'll certainly have something to say about my experiences in the August issue of The Christian Radical.

* * *

I havn't heard from Barrett and Sarah since they left BC to go to their new Presbetery in upstate New York. I hope thewy are ok and having a good trip out there. I don't have much else to write about right now. I am going to freshen up a bit before my mom gets here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home