a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Lost Angeles

So here I am in LA. This place is really cool I kind of want to write all about it here and tell you about my first couple of days except I just did that in a letter to some close friends so instead of rewriting I'm going to use the miracle of modern technology and copy and paste the text of the letter straight into my blog!

LA is really neat. It's beautiful in this sort of dilapidated/post-apocalyptic way. I think I can understand a lot better now what inspired the punk scene here back in the 80's and 90's. Hennacy House is wonderful, there are so many really great people living here and I'm not the only volunteer either. There's a cute girl from Hawaii and a dude from the mid west who used to be a journalist. Then there are the folks who live here more or less full time. In the common area there's a UFW (United Farm Workers) flag signed by Cesear Chavez hanging in a frame and all these photographs of MLK, Dorothy Day and Daniel Berrigan. The house itself is HUGE! and full of beautiful artwork and history. Dorothy Day actually visited here soon after it was started because of a UFW strike in 1973 (she was a genuine supporter of Chavez and his work.) You should try and come out here some time I think that you and Sarah would really dig this place a lot. My bedroom is a converted walk in closet, it's nice and comfortable and small, and I like that a lot. Today I worked on the coffee line and we did a vigil in front of the federal building. Life here is good.

Still waiting on some material for the zine the deadline's tomorrow and though I can go to print really soon after that if I wish I would love occasionally to recieve the things some people tell me they'll write for me.

that's all she wrote!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home