a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Friday, May 26, 2006

man oh man

Tempus Fugfit.

as this first week comes to a close I am really happy with what goes on here though I'll be doing a lot better once I've adjusted to the somatic rythms of the community. I'm able to crawl out of bed in time to do the stuff expected of me but just barely. I've slept through my alarm every day that I've used it. Right now I'm listening to Captain Beefheart because it isn't going to make me sleepy while I write this... I am going to bed early tonight.

I've got a much better idea about what I'd like to do with a Worker house in Vancouver, the sorts of hospitalitry I feel capable of and what kinds of other activities I'd like to try and organise.

Today's been perfect as far as temperature goes. it's overcast and cool and breezy... nice.

There was an interview with one of the founders of the community here, he talked about everything from the start of the comunity all the way through to the Iraq war protests and the ati-war movement. They are going to put the interview on their website and offered to let me sell CD's of it in Van as a way of fund raising for my other trips.

I've said it before but the kindness and genuine sense of community at this place is a constant source of joy and amazement for me.

and though I could keep writing I really don't want to. so for now that's the shizz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home