a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dialing it up in Westernville... the saga continues

shit. So today I discovered that the modem on Sarah's computer is internal so there'll be none of that fun internet for my lappy until I go to Jonah House.

I'll be trying to figure out their external hard drive. Sarah's parents are here visiting as well and her Dad suggested that I could use it to transfer documents and files from their computer to mine and back again so tomorrow I'll be putting this theory to the test. God willing it will work and I'll be able to put together The Christian Radical while I'm here and run some copies off to take with me to Baltimore. But if that fails as well I might have other options. and as a last resort knowing that I'll have no way of doing anything about it until later in August will give me some kind of frustrated relief (at least I'll know I'm temporarily powerless over the situation). Though to be honest I don't want that particular relief.

I am learning one good thing and that is that editing on the road sucks and ought to be avoided at all costs. It's a good thing that I'll be home in September I don't want to have to do this for three issues in a row.

In other good news I have goten permission to use a whole slew of photos from Iraq in the August issue so things are progressing well with this even if it is slower than I like.

Barrett and I are really on point when it comes to playing music together. I never really expected we'd sound so good. I don't know how much we'll get to record together while I'm here but his weekend starts soon and I'm hoping that we'll be able to lay down at least a couple of tracks.

I miss my friends in Vancouver but I am really content with where I am right now, I wouldn't rather be anywhere else than here.

A few days ago Barrett was telling me how he could see his children growing up in this house and as he said it I had a strong sense that mine would be doing some of that here as well. It definetly gives me one more really good reason to come out east more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home