a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

I don't want to believe it but I've got to believe it

Under The Volcano Festival will be on a one year hiatus and will not be presenting our annual event in Cates Park/ whey-ah-wichen this August 2006. As we informed our audience in the 2005 program, we are facing some financial struggles and we are taking one year off of producing the outdoor event to source out more long-term sustainable funding and to recharge our batteries. We appreciate all of the support & commitment we have received from our audience & our allies, and we will be returning in August 2007 at our historic site with renewed energy & ideas.

In our absence, the co-ordinators of the Dragonfly Children's Festival (http://www.whey-ah-wichen.org) will be presenting a a grassroots event in Cates Park/Whey-ah-wichen on August 13th. After launching at the Festival of Art & Social Change in 2005, Dragonfly will expand for 2006, keeping the spirit of UTV alive while we are on our one year hiatus.

We will also be presenting a two night mini-festival called "Rhyme & Resist" next fall (October 27th & 28th) at the Vancouver east Cultural Centre. Confirmed artists so far include Philadelphia MC Bahamadia and the return of renowned author & speaker Ward Churchill. Please check back soon for more details.

In solidarity,
UTV co-ordinators

reposted from http://users.resist.ca/~volcano/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home