a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

unsettling dreram

I had a dream that I was at Ammon Hennacy House in LA and getting ready to go home, I was packed I think but I was looking for my skateboard. My mom came to meet me at the house and told me that Chinatown had been claimed by the ocean. At first I thought she was telling me that China had gone under water but then I was aware that she was talking about Vancouver. After that I found my skateboard and we must have left.

The next part of the dream I was skating in Kitsilano and decided to go down to the beach and see the damage. I skated to Larch and fourth and started going North on Larch but was forced to stop at the crest of the hill because there was nothing but water below. The ocean had claimed not just Chinatown as my mom had said but Kits Beach was gone, with only the tops of the showboat and the fence around the pool visible in the light from the moon. There was someone else there with me I think she must have been one of the displaced. We started talking about the things we had lost and how the ocean had rizen so fast when the ice shelf in Greenland had melted. I made a joking sort of curse against the Danes and found myself very awake in bed. Not scared but startled. I decided to go back to bed for a little while because my alarm was only about thirty minutes from going off, I slept through my alarm with no other memorable dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home