a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

moving, and moving again

so tomorrow afternoon I'm packing up all my stuff and going out to my mom's place for a week to pass the last seven days before I move into my new place!!!!! I'm pretty excited about this last move because then I think things should start to get a bit more normal. It was nice staying with James and Dianne and even though I know I must have been underfoot during all their relationship tumult at least I was able to be there for James when he needed a sympathetic ear.

I ran into Tavis today and we went to the Word on the Street festival at the library. I picked up a book there about the history of riots in Vancouver and got all kinds of free stuff from the various tables. Word on the street is kind ofd like a litterary trades show, there are comics and zines and book stores and magazines and scientology and publishing houses and a scientology front group and communists and live entertainment! all the excitement you could ask for and all right downtown.

Talking with Tavis was really good, it was cool to see him again, he kind of dissappeared and went to Victoria last year and then I got back in touch with him while he was over there and helping out with David Arthur Johnston's case.

I think my bicycle needs a new deraileur and new brakes, this old deraileur is kind of a jurassic piece of shit, I've had to take the thing into the shop so many times already and every few days it seems there's something new that's wrong with it. I guess that 150 I paid for the bike was really all just the frame and the rimms, but I think this could be positive, it will mean that I have to get better parts but once I've got hem the bike will runn smoother and lighter and I won't have to take her in nearly so often.

anyway I should go, I kind of want to go back to James' place and chill out with them one last night.


peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home