a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Counter Recruitment Organizing Meeting

Given the changed role of the Canadian Armed Forces from peacekeepers to belligerents (particularly in Afghanistan), given the number of young Canadian military personnel being killed and injured in the service of the Canadian government's current policies, and given that the military's general staff now presumes to publicly advocate for its conception of the role the Canadian Armed Forces should play in the world, StopWar.ca proposes to initiate some public events aimed at countering the recruitment efforts of the Canadian Armed Forces. The first such activity will likely occur on October 20 in the run up to the Pan-Canadian Day of Action. The Day of Action, on October 28, in Vancouver will involve a rally and march to demand that Canadian troops be removed from Afghanistan. *To this end, there will be an initial Counter Recruitment organizing meeting on Wed., October 4 at 5:30 PM at the Maritime Labour Centre (111 Victoria Dr., Vancouver). Please attend and encourage others to do so as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home