a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

new bike! promising lead on a new place!

things are starting to look up. I think now that the bicycle thief ended up doing me a favour because the very next day I picked up a vintage Peugot 10 speed for $150 on craigslist. Man riding this bike is almost like sex, the thing picks up so much speed I can almost go as fast as the cars, it kind of looks a bit gnarly and I seriously need a new seet and some new hardware but this is for sure the best bicycle I've ever owned.

Today I got out of a shift at the bookstore to look for an apartment but the place I really wanted was one fucking ugly sceene. it was a nice enough place but there were seriously like ifty people who wanted to move in to it and the atmosphere was so freaking compettitive people were all like "I can move in tomorrow night" "Well I can move in tonight" "Well i can move in right now roarrrr!"

and the other place was in this really ass end of town kind of near the city line and far away from everything else, especially work and church and by the time I had biked to the intersection and looked at the add again I decided that a basement suite in the middle of nowhere was not my bag and so I went over to a friend of mines place.

I tell her about my circumstance and she gets on the phone and within minutes has a place virtually lined up for me. I'm going to check the place out and meet the guy I'll be rooming with on Tuesday, I am hopeful because he's good friends with my friend who set this all up and she knows really great people so I think I might have a home!

At the very least I have a promising lead on a home.

I have to get to bed soon because I'm exhausted from bicycling and I have to put in a lot of time at the book store tomorrow I think. We are supposed to open on Tuesday.

night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home