a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Friday, March 23, 2007

maybe I need a new kind of website

Made updates to the Christian Radical blog, so much to post, so many things that shouldn't go un observed so little space on the blog, even though I update every day and the stuff stays up for a whole week the blog format is woefully incomplete particularly since I don't know how to use html code and there is always something to post. I've got it in my mind something akin to truthout.org where there's a front page with headlines and photos where you can click on the headlines that interest you and they take you to the story and a link to their site of origin and other links where you can watch video footage and a place where all the back issues are collected in both online and print friendly versions. In my website fantasy this site would also act as a website for the Van CW with information about the Catholic Worker here in Vancouver, the house/houses, our activities, a paypal section where you could donate to help the community, maybe a place where you could order CD's I've recorded (the money would go to the worker) and with links to other affilliated groups and contact info for people who might want to get involved or volunteer.

This would be the best but I don't think it will happen in the immediate future, the thing I'd like to learn first is how to do the equivalent of an JL-cut in blogger. For those of you who never used live journal, an LJ-cut is a link that says (read more here) if you were posting a long story or whatever to your blog you could abbreviate it on the main page with one of those, clicking on the link would take you to another page where you could read the whole story and post comments if you wanted to. this bit of code made blogging a lot easier when I still used LJ, knowing the html equivalent would really help over at the christian radical blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home