a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Novice continues his education

So it would seem that the old saying holds true "If you want to hear the sound of divine laughter, tell God your plans."

I had breakfast with Tara today to further discuss our plans for opening a Catholic Worker house here in Van. It would seem though that we probably won't be starting it up as immediatly as I had been expecting. She wants to spend a year living in a different community here in town. So after talking for an hour or so two things have become a bit clearer to me, firstly that it would probably be better to take the year and spend more time living in an already established community and doing the sort of work that I hope to do in a Worker community. And secondly, that we are of the same mind also on money issues , she agrees with me that it would be best to look for a house to buy outright rather than rent someplace. And with realestate in Vancouver being what it is it might take a whole year of looking to find the place we'd be occupying.

So whie a little dissappointing it's also pretty good I think that it's working in this direction. I think that this is the sort of life I want to be living but if I am going to do it properly it only makes sense that I spend more than a month living and working in that kind of environment and in this city.

So I am left wondering where I'll be living this year, I want to visit the community Tara is thinking of and consider it as an option but I'm also thinking about L'Arche out in Burnaby and hoping to get a room in the existing Catholic Worker house here, Samaritan House.
In the mean time though I am grateful for the hospitality of my friends and family because I am basically homeless until I move into someplace.

In other news I am hopefully going to attend mass on Sunday at the Old Catholic parish here in Vancouver. This is exciting for me because it's a different type of Catholicism, one which doesn't recognise the infalliability of the pope and which organises itself along episcopal lines, I believe they have some history with the Anglican communion but are not Anglican/Episcopalian.

I'll have to write more on this as events occurr.

Tomorrow night I am going to try and get tickets to see Cat Power... eeeeeee! I am pretty excited to see them live--I have a not-so-secret crush on Chan Marshal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home