a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

editing away!

Working on the mockup for issue 12. Karl and I have decided to try a more elaborate and hopefully more communicative way of ediing the zine. I am creating a proto-copy of the zine using the un-edited proofs and laying it out the way I'd like it to look and then sending that to Karl who'll look it over, make any asthetic or textual comments in an e-mail reply and then I'll re-make the zine with the edited copies of this months articles and then it'll be finished! This could mean that we are late again in publishing but hopefully not too late. Now that I'm home and have un interrupted access to the web on my laptop and that I have a whole week in Tsawwassen to do nothing but edit and go to work I might even surprise myself and have the whole thing made in less time than it took to make last month's issue. I'm really hoping that adding this new step to the process will allow for a greater amount of dialogue between Karl and myself on how the zine gets made and maybe what direction it takes in future issues. It can be really difficult working on this together given the distance between where he lives and where I live. I can get on a bus and it would take about eight or nine hours to get to where he's at so face to face conversations about all this stuff are very rare indeed. They will probably be that way for some time yet but I think that with more involvement in the editing process we can start to act together as co-editors and make a better quality publication.

I'll try and post some kind of preview to the other blog of what will be in this month's issue as soon as one is available. Until then I guess I'll be working.

peace and solidarity
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home