a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Friday, June 15, 2007

We ate our way across the prairies.

Exerpted from a longer piece titled The Saskatchewan Play By Play

On our way to Regina we went through this town called Wroxville which had no paved streets and one sidewalk which somebody probably thought was a good idea back in 1960 but then in 1961 realised it wasn’t a good idea and decided to forget it ever happened… it’s always the sidewalks which suffer the most in situations like that.

We went through Wroxville because there’s a big old Orthodox church there that I had to take pictures of. The church was the tallest thing in the town the rest of the town consisted of a few houses and some trailers and a couple of long forgotten and boarded up storefronts. We wanted to go inside the church but some people in a vegetable garden next door said that it was only open on holidays and then one of them, a man about my mom's age, said he had never been inside of the church as long as he’d lived.

There was a falling apart old grain elevator near the train tracks, it sort of slouched and shared its commiserations with us over the death of the Wroxville parish district as we drove out of town.

I had a lot of fun on my family trip to Saskatchewan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home