a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Florence and beyond!

so as you might tell by the title of this post Im in Florence. I think I've finally just now figured out apostrophes on these european keyboards. the past few days since leaving Rome have been spent in Perugia, a small midevil village close to Assisi. That was the other high point of this trip. Going to Assisi was something I never in my life imagined I'd be able to do. In the Reliquary of St Francis they have his tunic it looks like a pair of well worn punk rock pants, covered in patches of dark fabric and white thread and so threadbare that one wonders if there was anything left of the original material. He would have been a really small man. I never thought about his height but I guess the nickname Il Povrello was more than just affection, he really was the little poor man. There was kneelng beneath the crucifix of San Damiano and the reliwuary of St. Claire and the beautiful cathedral art from that period between the midevil and the renaissance, I have some very definite things to say about Renaissance artwork but my thumb has been giving me lots of joint pain recently.

I'll be moving on to Venice again soon where I'll put together the zine and rest from the internets and then it's back to Vancouver via NYC. I've had a wonerfull time on this vacation but I am ready to go home I think that if nothing else this trip has gone to show just how hard it is for my family to travel together.

ok so that's the dirt.

pax et bonum

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you MUST tell me when you are in New York. We just might be able to hang out in the Big Apple.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Chris Rooney said...

I doubt you'll want to hang out this time, Andrew and I will be there for six hours but probably we won't leave the Airport because of traffic and whatnot. If you want to meet us at JFK and maybe go someplace nearby write me an e-mail and I'll set you up with the information for our flight.

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey.
NY was toasty, dirty, smelly and lots of fun. even ended up going on a side trip to Philedelphia.
I started a job in Duncan today. we'll have to share travel stories when i return. Or just write extensive blog posts.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was smelling a mix of car exhaust and street garbage, but I bet there'd be cigarettes in that mix too. its such a dirty city. and the subway smell. nothing smells quite like the subway.
im in duncan until i decide to go on a weekend trip eastwards across the water. lol. that'll probably happy relatively soon. until then i am biding my time organizing projects of sorts.
hows it being back in vancouver?

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home