a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

fire Paul Wolfowitz

I got the following in an e-mail today. Personally I think that firing Wolfowitz is an important first step but that this shouldn't end until the World Bank and IMF are disolved and people around the world are encouraged to start looking ot each other for the help and support that is needed to create a just and better society the world over. A good first step might be to sign this petition and get that man out of any job where the economic fate of the third world is in his hands.
CR

The battle for the Presidency of the World Bank is coming to a climax, and it's a replay of the Iraq war: George Bush and Paul Wolfowitz vs the World. The world is on the verge of winning this time -- and we can help tip the balance.

On Monday Wolfowitz will testify before the Bank Board. At the same time, Bush will meet with European leaders to decide his fate. We need one last push to build our petition before we deliver it on Monday. Click below to sign it and pass it on to 5 friends:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/sack_wolfowitz

Our YouTube campaign against Wolfowitz's misleadership of the Bank has gone viral with over 100,000 views, and has been covered by USA Today, the Washington Post, and the Guardian (UK). World Bank staff have also been circulating it on their internal staff lists.

All the pressure is working. Governments around the world, the World Bank Staff Association, even Wolfowitz's own deputies believe he should resign. The World Bank is far from perfect. Some of its policies have helped alleviate poverty; others have made things worse. But fixing it is urgently important for the world's poor -- and no progress is possible so long as Wolfowitz is in charge.

Let's win this one. Sign the petition, and send it to five of your friends. It's time to show Bush that the world won't stand for Wolfowitz to stay.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/sack_wolfowitz

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Rooney said...

Hey Josina, thanks for reminding me. I leave n the sixth I'll be going to Tsawwassen on the 5th because my mom's going to give me a lift to the airport. try and get a hold of me before that. I'll be going to Vespers on Tuesday so if you wanted to bring it there I'll pick it up from you.

I was going to let you have it until I got back but if you're going to be leaving soon too then it's better that I get it before you leave. Are you done with my copy of On Pilgrimage yet?

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home