a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Monday, February 05, 2007

The Guthrie Family Legacy Tour

Friday April 6/2007
8:00 pm
Chan Shun Concert Hall

Co-presented by Capilano College and the Chan Centre

As the eldest son of America’s most important folk singer/songwriter, Woody Guthrie (“This Land is Your Land”), Arlo Guthrie was born into a living legacy of music that changed the world.

Arlo became a renowned musician in his own right, topping the charts with Alice’s Restaurant and performing to huge crowds at Woodstock.

His 2005 appearance in Vancouver was such a success that he’s returned with a stunning concert that celebrates multiple generations of Guthrie magic. Arlo and company will share family stories and beloved songs.

Featuring special guests Abe Guthrie, Sarah Lee Guthrie and son-in-law Johnny Irion, this fun-loving yet poignant show reaffirms the power of folk music for everyone.

I saw Arlo and family perform in LA last summer if you happen to be in Vancouver and want to catch an amazing opportunity to see a great folk musician bust it out you should try and go. CR

http://www.chancentre.com/whats-on/event/details/the-guthri/
for more information

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home