a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

waiting for the other shoe to drop

I should be in bed. I finished making both versions of the zine almost two hours ago but I want to squeeze the last of the web out before it gets cut off. I don't think it will be for too long. Luke, the room mate who doesn't do anything actually bought the router and so I would suspect that he's going to get a new connection going here which will be nice it will mean I've spent a lot of time fretting over nothing. On the other hand it will be good to have to find other ways of communicating and entertaining myself. To tell you the truth I don't really get that much entertainment out of the web these days. I use it to blog, read too much news, watch video clips of old hardcore punk bands that broke up in the eighties and read web comics and my friends blogs. I'm not as sucked into the virtual world of an online community as I was this time last year with livejournal but I'm not having that much fun on here. the internet is a cold and lonely place for those of us who aren't fooling ourselves with sites like friendster or myspace or facebook which promise the user an endless and expanding social scene but end up leaving one hooked on a mirage of virtual friends in a virtual world.

Last night I was feeling really down because my life has been reduced to about four locations and almost as many activities. It still depresses me to think about it but I'm not so upset today. I told my boss today that I wanted to cut back my hours and though it was like pulling teeth he did understand and I know my "manager" will like the extra work.

the zine's finished! both versions!

I'm getting good at this, if you want to read it online it should be getting posted to www.vancouverdiy.com/christianradical.htm soon otherwise you can write me an e-mail and I'll get back to you when I can.

it's five in the morning and I want to sleep.
good night

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Rooney said...

w00t! Are you going to Pre-Sanctified Gifts on Wednesday? I'm going to try and get the night off so I can attend.

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im totally going to pre-sanctified on wednesday. i might even make some sushi for dinner afterwards.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Chris Rooney said...

mmm sushi

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home