a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

giving up second hand smoke

After spending a week in Revelstoke with the old man I realised that my body is having a withdrawl from second hand smoke. I gave up smoking almost three years ago now but though I can live in close quarters with a heavy smoker for a week and not feel tempted to hit him up for a butt my body is telling me that it mmisses the fumes. To this I have to say a resounding fuck! I'm sure it will blow over but in the mean time I don't like being reminded of the addiction and I wish I didn't have to feel this all over again even though it's relatively minor compared to when I originally quit. If you feel so inclined though could you say a prayer for me about this? I don't normally ask for prayers for myself or over the internet but I live in a Catholic Worker house where one of my housemates smokes in her room and I feel sensitive to this kind of thing at the moment, by the grace of God I've gone this long as a non-smoker and I like not having a monkey on my back any more.

in other, better news the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia (ROCOR) is in the process of becoming re-communicated with the Moscow Patriarchate. ROCOR split off durring the cold war because of the institutional Russian church complicity with the Soviet rulership. This was not universal, there were countless martyrs in Russia and many holy priests, monks and lay-people who didn't bend to the new class but there were also many priests monks and church-goers who fingered people and helped the state. This break has been a long time in healing, some members of ROCOR are still hesitant even to the point of wanting to break with those seeking reunification but even if that were to happen I believe that the healing of the Russian church is inevitable and if it has to be like pulling off a band-aid (slow and at times sore) it will help let old wounds air and heal and that can only be good.

God bless the healing of the Russian church may the memories of those martyred be for the healing of her wounds and the re-communing of her spirit. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home