a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

intensive studio week and making mix cd

I'm making a mix CD for my friend Jeremy. Jeremy is recording me right now and I told him that I'd put together a mix CD of stuff that would give him an idea of what I'm thinking of artistically. It's a difficult thing to do actually, try and find songs by artists which typify the sort of sound and asthetic that you want on a CD. I wish I could just hand him a bunch of old tapes of things I've done myself but that's impractical for a number of reasons, mainly it wouldn't work because the stuff I'd give him is in storage and some of the tapes are lost. I'm curious though what Jeremy is going to do with what I do give him because it's really a departure from the sorts of music that he makes and records. It's been a long journey for both of us from the days when we were swapping punk CD's at all ages shows and getting high in North Van to now. He's become a keyboardist in a famous industrial band and I've gone on to make folk music in my bedroom. I'm really curious to see what comes of this collaboration, I think that if it works it will work very well. I have a lot of confidence in Jeremy and I'm happy to be working with him on a project finally but if it doesn't work then it's going to suck.

Fingers crossed for this working out. I'll be in the studio just about every day until I leave. If you're in North Vancouver and want to get together send me an e-mail and let's try and work around this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home