a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

zine machine rides again

Making zines can be really addictive. I've been putting together some that I've wanted to make for quite a while now. In the last two days I've made zines out of writing by Ched Myers, Jon Sobrino and Monk Damascene Christensen. It's my hope that I could print them off and sell them to help with the expenses of The Christian Radical. Also it's really awsome to put something together in a way that looks good. I wish I could print them out but I think my printer has officially bought the farm it's only printing junk these days no good for anything not even copy.

Speaking of buying the farm I was talking to my mom yesterday afternoon and she told me that she knew a guy near 70 Mile House who wanted to sell this huge acreage with a big house that has a stage and can sleep something like 20 people for $400,000. I was really pretty excited and my mom would help with the cash but 7o Mile House is really far away from everything and I do mean everything (it's a six hour drive north of Hope BC). I've been looking at info about the area where this place is and I'm starting to have serious doubts. On the one hand the place sounds palatial on the other hand the place sounds palatial, it's also really far away from the area that I originally thought about starting a CW Farm and I have no idea wether I want to live somewhere so far away and so cold in the winter.

I told James about it and he got cold feet, I said that there's no way I can even get away to look at the place until September or late August because of CPT and after thinking about it more I'm getting hesitant myself. I wish there was some way for James and I to actually spend some time together that's not at his work but he's there open to close every day until Alan gets back from his vacation so any time spent with him has to be while he's at work. yech.

I'm going to try and get together with him in the afternoon maybe we can talk further, I'm also going to talk a bit more with my mom and I think that no matter what there's still a lot of prayer and discernment that needs to happen around this.

If you reading this are so inclined as to pray we could use and would appreciate your prayers for starting a new Catholic Worker community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home