a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

tape decks rocking the shit out

So I brought this three channel mixer down from my mom's place I didn't have veryhigh hopes for it because the last time I'd tried to mix with it is was a real let down and I suspected it might be a dud but I plugged it in and ran three tape recorders through it and into my amp and I was so surprised it's really awsome and pretty sensitive too I have to figure out the levels but with three decks I can do some rad shit, I had this tape of computer voices saying all this funny stuff and a James Brown tape and I was mixing them with the cramps, minor threat and this meditation/relaxation tape that was all about subliminally learning how to sing. It's been a while since I did this sort of thing but it is so much fun when I get the chance. I also figured that if I were to buy a battery powered amp I could litterally spin anything anywhere so I could theoretically busk with tapes as easily as I could with other instruments.

Also in tape related news Spud and Alicia are back from the UK and so I'm going to have to get some stuff together to rock out with Spud. I have another of these three channel things and some cassio keyboards wich means North again! I'm so excited to get that project back up. Jamming with Spud was sometimes not that great but when we were on we were right fucking on!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Rooney said...

I just got a new amp it's the dope shit it runs for 15 hours on 6 AA batteries.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris. Gee you write a lot. I thought you were going to call us and come by for dinner sometime. The invitation stands.
Ole and Josina

7:38 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Chris,

go ahead and grab that blog post you want to publish. Maybe edit out the sex bit, for my own modesty's sake. I don't have time right now to clean it up or make it make more sense.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home