a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Monday, March 12, 2007

further thoughts about the world wide web

Spent the last hour or so reading about John Hutchison. John Hutchison is a self-taught electrical engineer who has a host of scientific phenomena named after him. I first heard about him a few years ago when The Empire of Crime was still active. I tracked down his e-mail adress after findng out that he lives in Vancouver. I wanted to collect audio samples of his lab when all the gear was running he brushed me off and that was it. I am still fascinated by his claims concerning the hutchison effect (google it, or search youtube, you'll find all kinds of neat stuff). At the time he was more interested in being a discovery channel personality, it makes me sad that when I found his blog today he's posted his resume. I guess zero-point energy and levitating cannonballs just isn't as hot an item these days, it's too bad the effect is so hard to reproduce if he was able to get the interest of some real scientists who were able to reproduce faithfully his effect and study it and its applications masybe he wouldn't be peddling his resume on the web.

After being let down by his reply I recorded some really distorted synth stuff that Spud and I made and I used the tape of it with British Mark to make the song The Hutchison Effect that's on our CD, I really need to get another copy of it so I can sell it or give it to people, it sucks but I no longer have most of the Empire of Crime material.

I've made arrangements to be moved out of here on Saturday which gives me a week to finish packing and cleaning my place out.

Went for Jamaican food on Main street for dinner, there's a place that has jerk tofu roti. mmmm jerk.

I miss being able to get out on my bike and ride around downtown. Partly it's this fucking weather and partly it's the location but once I'm moved into Samaritan House I anticipate I'll be able to take up my old habit of night riding. I miss the ocean at 2:00am.

I'm so bored. I slep too long after mass today and now it's 3:am and I'm not tired in the least. I have work tomorrow but it's not like I have to get up really early or anything. maybe if the weather is ok I'll go and ride in the cemetery, I'm amped for spring... I can't wait for it to stop raining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home