a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Into the flaunch plasmodulator

I'm listening to a tape of something you might roughly be able to call music it was recorded by my friend Maarrq and myself back in highschool. Maarrq and I did a lot of recording back then, almost as much as we did drugs. We used to go hang out in his room at his parents house and drink homemade wine and smoke marijuana and cigarettes and make bad accoustic music usually recorded on an answering machine or on a hand held tape recorder. We called ourselves the flaunch plasmodulator and we had this great idea that if we ever got a gig someplace we'd get a couple of big refrigerator boxes and decorate them so that they looked like badly drawn super comupters from the 60's and then we'd sit inside them with our musical instruments and make awful music live inside the flaunch plasmodulator.

I'm just not sure how to discribe this stuff to you, it's two stoned, half drunk punk rock kids with an accoustic guitar, recorder flute, pots and pans, conch shell, trumpet, and answering machine. sometimes the guitar sounds really fucking emo, dissonant voices sometimes trying to out shout eachother, sometimes trying not to wake up his parents. we never actually wrote any songs we'd improvise our lyrics and sometimes it worked really well more often it didn't if I were someone who isn't me listening to this and I didn't know anything about it I'd probably want my money back from the people who sold it to me...

I wish we had made that cardboard computer and played a gig somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home