a journal of the one man revolution

The Revolution May Now be Synthesized

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a musician, blogger and peace activist. I live in Canada and I am a member of the Catholic Worker movement. I am not an Anglican but I no longer identify myself with Roman Catholicism and choose to worship through my art and in the Anglican church. I make industrial, experimental noise, and punk influenced blues.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

waiting through the winter

Just figured I'd update a bit since I aired my launbdry in the last post.

Things are going about as well as I'd expect them to. Much remains the same, but that's my own set of problems. I'm not as despairing as I was when last I wrote in here though so I guess that's a start. I wonder why it is that after a person shares his grievances he's left with the almost subconcious need to reassure everyone that things are better even if they are simply no worse?

Anyway I am not doing so bad that I'm overwhelmed by my problems, I simply have yet to find positive and creative ways to adress and solve most of them. Having my phone back might help a bit, it's starting to get under my skin that I havn't even heard from Telus about it and it's been longer than a week.

It's raining hard here in Vancouver, we have a boil water advisory in place right now because of the ammount of dirty runoff in the reservoires, bleh.

I'm not broke any longer, and I've been reading a great book that I'm almost finished.

I have more help this month with the zine, I asked Mike Friesen if he'd like to do the graphic editing for the Radical and he said yes, he's going to give it a try over Christmas and if this month works out and I like his work he'll be doing more with Karl and I, I'm really looking forward to getting that extra help. I have to go photo hunting soon for the coming issue and that's ok. I was at the Worker tonight and Sarah gave me some idea of what I can do with it. Also they leant me this book full of art by Fritz Eichenberg that I am going to scann into my computer.

I wish I could ride my bike but I am never sure that the dry spell is going to last all day or not so I just have to make do with feet and busses, it's not so bad though, I've goten a lot of reading done.

Sarah at the Catholic Worker suggested that I try and start some kind of prayer and discernment group around the idea of a new Catholic Worker house here. I have a fewpeople I'd like to invite to that (Rob you would be one of them). It would be good even if it only stayed as a prayer and discussion group, though my hope would be that eventually this might lead to starting another house of hospitality, it would certainly be a good way of spending some of these long nights.

ok so that's my life in a nutshell, waiting on submissions for the zine, this is the week where I start to get antsy, it's a strangely good feeling of discomfort, like right before a drug kicks in, you know it's only a short time before everything starts happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home